About the Salt Spring Accommodation Group, BC
The Salt Spring Accommodation Group (SSAG) is a non-profit group and an independent association that provides information services for accommodation providers on Salt Spring Island as well as for their guests. We welcome guests to our island and help educate on our island resources, green spaces, nature reserves, recycling, water and electrical conservation practices. We encourage guests to walk our trails, kayak our waters, eat in our restaurants, enjoy our talented performers, taste our wine, shop in our funky stores, buy from our artisans in our markets and galleries and enjoy the peace and tranquility of our island beaches!
This year our 80 + members come from 4 broad categories:
- Bed & Breakfast/Suites/Rooms
- Cottages /Apartments
- Hotels/ Inns/Resorts/STVRs – Vacation Rentals
- Affiliates/Referral Groups
SSAG provides a handsome scholarship valued at $1,000 to a Gulf Islands Secondary School (GISS) Student who has been accepted at an accredited school of higher education/training and who is pursuing studies in any aspect of the visitor & hospitality industry, including but not limited to accommodations, food service or transportation. Preference is given to a student who has demonstrated a prior interest in the field through volunteer services or work experience.
2014 Recipient – Tegan Baxter – seen here being presented with his scholarship by Tracy Harrison – SSAG Board Member
Supporting our community
Our group has made contributions to the following community projects:
- Soups On – The program run by the Anglican Parish of Salt Spring Island
- In from the Cold – The United Church program for homeless people to have a warm shelter on unusually cold nights
- Copper Kettle – A community volunteer program assisting the homeless who are living on Salt Spring Island
We welcome you to List your Accommodation or Advertise your Business with us!