The Salt Spring Accommodation Group (SSAG) was founded over 10 years ago, is a non-profit society and an independent association that provides information services for accommodation providers on Salt Spring Island as well as for their guests. We welcome guests to our island and help educate them on our island resources, green spaces, nature reserves, recycling, water and electrical conservation practices. We encourage guests to walk our trails, kayak our waters, eat in our restaurants, enjoy our talented performers, taste our wine, shop in our funky stores, buy from our artisans in our markets and galleries and enjoy the peace and tranquility of our island beaches!
This year our 75 + members come from 4 broad categories:
- Bed & Breakfast/Suites/Rooms
- Cottages /Apartments
- Hotels/ Inns/Resorts/STVRs – Vacation Rentals
- Affiliates/Referral Groups
SSAG provides a scholarship to a Gulf Islands Secondary School (GISS) Student who has been accepted at an accredited school of higher education/training and who is pursuing studies in any aspect of the visitor & hospitality industry, including but not limited to accommodations, food service or transportation. Preference is given to a student who has demonstrated a prior interest in the field through volunteer services or work experience.
Supporting our Community
Our group has made contributions to the following community projects:
- Soups On – The program run by the Anglican Parish of Salt Spring Island
- In from the Cold – The United Church program for homeless people to have a warm shelter on unusually cold nights
- Copper Kettle – A community volunteer program assisting the homeless who are living on Salt Spring Island
Wish to join SSAG or Advertise on our website and in ourIsland Information Book.
Click on either logo below to get more information: