The Salt Spring Accommodation Group ( SSAG) represents a wide variety of tourist accommodations ranging from cabins to cottages from B & Bs, to hotels and resorts.
The association is run by the members for the members and is entirely volunteer based.
When you join the Salt Spring Accommodation Group you will be able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- The association advocates on behalf of all members and represents members interest to local and regional bodies such as the Island Trust (IT), the Capital Regional District CRD and other industry bodies. The Association provides timely information and legal opinions on changes to local rules and regulations.
- A listing of your property on http://www.saltspringaccommodation.ca with its availability function – viewed by over 40,000 visitors a year, loaded with up to date SSI Business and Events information. An important island resource for potential guests. It is THE accommodation website for guests coming to Salt Spring Island! and you pay no commission for bookings ! ( this service is optional)
- Produces the well known annual Island Information Book .Members receive one COMPLIMENTARY ISLAND INFORMATION BOOK for your establishment that is burgeoning with information for your guests. It lists emergency contact info, annual events, and has a spot for your contact information, – saving you time explaining and making recommendations to your guests. The Directory provides guests with everything from restaurant menus, realtors, shopping, wedding, health and wellness, transportation and outdoor adventure businesses. The same businesses can be found in our online directory which is being expanded to provide visitors with timely information before they arrive.You can order additional copies for guest rooms at a discounted price.
- Our regular SSAG Newsletter keeping you updated on our membership activities and ongoing benefits like cluster advertising, discounts, SSAG socials and events, liaisons with the Chamber of Commerce and Tourist information center and other annual Community events.
- Seasonal member meetings ( real or virtual )
- Opportunity to join our active Board which has your best interests in mind. A great way to contribute and know the issues we face!
- Member discounts for various local businesses .( e.g. 10% at Country Grover which pays for your membership in no time!)
Terms and Conditions:
- Membership is non-refundable. No refunds will be given for partial years or if your business closes during the year of membership.
- SSAG reserves the right to refuse membership.
- SSAG reserves the right to edit and amend listings if necessary.
- You are responsible to keep your SAG website listing up to date and can have up to 15 accurate and good quality photos.
- SSAG is not responsible for any effect or loss regarding your business related or not related to your listing on our website.
- SSAG is a volunteer organization and we request that members are respectful and professional in their communication with board members and other volunteers.
Cost of membership : $100 per annum
We accept all major credit cards (online process)
Upon payment of you membership dues please complete the property information form ( Please complete all sections marked with an*) and add photos ( note minimum / maximum file size ) .
We look forward to welcoming you to the Salt Spring Accommodation Group ( SSAG)